Sponsor a Dialysis Patient
What is DialysisIt is the process of removing excess water, solutes, and toxins from the blood in people whose kidneys can no longer perform these functions naturally. In hemodialysis, an artificial kidney (Hemodialyzer) is used to remove waste and extra chemicals and fluid from your blood.Unfortunately, dialysis can be quite expensive, and it needs to be administered often. Factors that affect the cost of dialysis include:
- Highly specialized and expensive machines are required.
- High labor costs due to the need for specially trained doctors, nurses, and paramedical staff.
- Long-term nature of the treatment.
- Annually 150,000 people suffer from Chronic Kidney Disease in Pakistan.
- Annually 15,000 people end up with complete renal failure in Pakistan.
- 90% of the patients belong to low income group.
A Dialysis Patient’s monthly treatment expense = PKR 30,000 / $200